Here are some thoughts....
1. Holy shit that concert was long. These bands played full sets, not one or two songs as I had anticipated. The crowd must have been blackout drunk or passed out by the end.
2. So many legends in one building... Did they even talk backstage or was it just too potent to attempt to acknowledge each others presence? Were Roger Waters, The Stones, The Who, Eric Clapton and Paul even in the building at the same time or was Waters long gone by the time Paul got there?
3. Roger Daltery is in very good shape for his age.
4. Did Pete Townsend say "have a fucking beer" before walking off stage?
5. As a result of the ProActive infomercials, every time I see a closeup of Alicia Keys I examine her for acne.
6. Kanye's performance was raw and bold, but the fact that it came immediately following an uplifting set by The Who along with his abnormal fashion choice (a leather kilt) I felt myself cringing throughout.
7. For a benefit concert there was an awful lot of sponsorship and promotion (ie: Tarantino, Foxx, and Waltz introducing Paul McCartney as an obvious effort to bring attention to Django Unchained - in theaters Dec. 25th)
7. Paul's first two songs - "Helter Skelter" and "Let Me Roll It" were spectacular, but the "Nirvana Reunion" fell flat.
8. Alicia Keys closes out the show with "Empire State of Mind" and I think she is breaking out on her forehead.
Continue reading to see what Brooklyn Vegan said about the show.